Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Advent Day 4

Jesus was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit where he was tempted by the devil. The devil had some compelling arguments to try to get Jesus to sin. 

Sometimes the devil is not so obvious with his temptations to us. If he could not trick Jesus into sinning, it shows me that by depending on Jesus in my every day life, I, too, can recognize the devil and rebuke this temptations.

When Jesus was rejected by those in his hometown, I could identify. There are times in my life that I felt rejected by the small community I grew up in - I went away too. The negativity and self-doubting can be toxic. Getting away (fight or flight) is understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...