Thursday, December 5, 2019

Advent Day 5

In chapter 5 Jesus called his 1st disciples - Simon Peter, James and John.  They left everything and followed him. I am not sure that I could do the same. I am not sure that I could leave all my friends and family and home and follow anyone on an unknown adventure. However, seeing the miracles first hand might have convinced me. 

Except....I have left everything I knew and, after asking God to take us where we were needed, followed His will. I think i can see why the first disciples left their home and followed Jesus!

Jesus also cleansed a leper I told him not to tell anyone. But the leper told his tale and great multitude started to gather around Jesus to hear and be healed.

Chapter 5 also includes one of my favorite stories about Jesus healing the paralytic. Because of the great crowds the paralytic's friends lowered him from the roof into the house. Jesus healed him saying your sins are forgiven.

Jesus called Levi, a tax collector, to "follow me". Jesus dined with Levi and other tax collectors. He explained to the pharisees that people that are not ill have no need of a physician. "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance". We are all sinners and need Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...