Friday, January 24, 2020

January...Still Hangin' On

I don't know if anyone else noticed but January is taking a very long time. January seems to have been going on and on...for at least a year now. 
My sister, niece, and I got new tats on the 3rd of January in memory of our other sister who passed 2 years ago. They are sunflowers - her favorite flower - on our ankles. While it hurt some, it was a great time for us to honor Belinda. 
My tat is relatively all healed but yet it is still January! 
My co-worker and I have completed several items on our to-do list this month; however, while there are still many more projects left to complete, it is still January!
Our parish has been blessed with another deacon! We had one deacon newly ordained just last month. Then this month a transplanted deacon from Idaho had his paperwork finalized and began his deacon ministry at our parish. It was just a few short weeks ago that my dh was serving at all three weekend masses. Now he is only responsible for one. We have some additional "us" time which is lovely. However, this still January....
Don't get me wrong. Time usually seems to fly by...especially when it comes to birthdays...but January is simply dragging on and on like a bad movie.
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned from this....what could God be trying to tell this hard headed woman? 
Perhaps that each minute, each hour, each day, each week is important and we should cherish each and every one like it is our last!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...