Thursday, August 29, 2019

Ups and Downs

There is often times when I spend hours alone at home. My amazing husband is very active with many ministries in our parish - RCIA, teaching 4th grade religious education, baptism classes, trains altar servers, and provides safe environment training - I am sure I am forgetting something but you get the picture, he is super busy. It is lucky that I like you read, write, research our family history, as well as participating in multiple ministries at our parish too. I am not complaining....I gave my consent along this journey for my husband to pursue his calling as a deacon in our beautiful faith. But it doesn't mean I don't miss spending time with my husband. I miss our motorcycle trips, our weekends at our son's with our grandsons, sleeping in on Sunday morning. But I would never ask my husband to give up the thing that he worked so hard for and is absolutely called to do - be a Deacon. Sometimes you have to give up a little to gain a lot. I feel like I am helping my husband get to heaven and helping to serve our amazing parish community. I love Ken, I love God, and I love our life together. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...