Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Faith - Blind or Otherwise

I used to think that faith was just something "out there" that you couldn't touch and you had no control over. I used to think it had something to do with fate or luck or karma. But faith is none of those things.

Faith is knowing in your heart that there is one true God - a triune God - three persons - one God. Faith is knowing that if you ask God to take you somewhere that you will be needed - he will do it. Faith is knowing that God will always have your back, no matter how many haters, negative folks, or just plain mean people are out to get you. Faith is something that has grown within me from the time I was confirmed at Easter Vigil over 10 years ago. And three years ago, I "let" God take control and take me where he needed me to go - where he needed my Deacon husband to go. He really didn't need me to ask as He had already been working in our lives to take us to the exact place that needed us at the exact time of their need. He took control of our lives 10 years ago and we have been happy, healthy, and helping others ever since then.

My outlook on life has never been sweeter. Even when bad things happen, I can see the good in it somehow. God has made me a better person - not that I was bad before, but he's made me more kind, more loving, more caring, and more in love with Him every day. God is the third person of our marriage and He has made our marriage the amazing sacramental vocation that it was meant to be. I cannot imagine my life without my sweet Deacon husband and God in it.

I have faith that my husband will be on this earth for as long as he is needed - by others, by me, I'm not sure. But I know God will only take him when He has to. But I also have faith that I will be with my husband, God, all the angels & saints, in heaven one day. This is not a hope or a fantasy - I have faith - I know that I will one day be with God in heaven. I may need those souls left on this earth to say a couple dozen rosaries a day for me so I can get out of Purgatory but I'll eventually get there.

I hope your life is faith-filled and full of love and kindness. God's blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...