Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Advent Day 3

I read Luke Chapter 3 yesterday but didn't  get to publish my post, so here it is. 

John the Baptist  began preaching baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins - "..prepare the way of the Lord..."

He preached about practical ways to help others whether by sharing your extra clothing, being honest in your dealings with others, and by being content with the wages paid to you. 

John denied to all that he was the Christ and explained his unworthiness to even untie the sandals of the Christ. John baptized by water but Christ would baptize with the Holy Spirit  and fire.

Jesus was baptized by John in the Jordan. God spoke those famous words "You are my beloved son, with you I am well pleased".

The ancestry of Jesus through Joseph is fascinating and when read to the end of the chapter concludes "...the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God." This should remind us that we all are descendants of Adam - the son of God - so our genealogy ends this same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...