Saturday, August 17, 2019

Life Happens

The other day, I ordered some undergarments from a website after spending an hour with my best friend of many years trying on said garments. They were scheduled to arrive Thursday - then I got notification that they would be delivered on Wednesday. So excited! Wednesday I raced home from work to nothing in the mailbox. But the USPS app said they had been delivered "at/in the mailbox". Nothing....mmmm....we're talking a substantial amount of money I spent so I was a bit panicky. I filed a missing package report with the USPS and waited.

Thursday the app said it was going to be delivered Thursday (although it still said Delivered, just like yesterday). I could only think that someone had stolen it right out of our mailbox because surely if someone got it by mistake in their mailbox they would have returned it by now, right? Since it was a Holy Day of Obligation, I attended mass that evening (of course, my amazing Deacon husband was on the altar). And wouldn't you know it, while reciting the "Our Father" - yes, at the ..."forgive those who trespass against me..." - I had an epiphany! If it was intentional, I forgave the person who stole it and wished them well with the expensive undergarments. If it was unintentional, I forgave the USPS person who mistakenly delivered said package to the wrong address. I felt much lighter as we left the church that evening....it was okay....it was just "stuff".

I slept amazingly that night and woke up refreshed and ready to face the day.....oh, it was Friday so nothing superhuman there! But ready to accept the fact that I might never wear expensive undergarments and I was okay with that. But at around noon that day, our Ring went off on my phone. By the time I was able to connect, the person had walked off so I watched the saved video.

An amazing young lady, very pregnant, brought a package to the door, rang the bell and waited for a response. Getting none (after waiting patiently for several minutes), she checked the address on the package to the house number in front of her and then placed it inside the screen door. I couldn't be sure but I just had the feeling that this was my missing package. I wished I could have connected sooner so I could have said Thank you! to this young woman. She returned not just my package (containing some amazingly comfy underthings) but she also returned by belief that humanity is generally good and kind and honest.

What did occur to me afterwards was.....the younger generation does not always check their mailboxes on a regular basis (like I do) so the package probably sat for the couple of days in her mailbox without anyone stealing it. Perhaps next time I will pay the extra for a more monitored method of shipping or perhaps I should just be patient and trust that the Lord will take care of things in HIS time.

God bless and have an amazing weekend. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...