Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Introduction

Eleven years ago our lives changed forever. My amazing father-in-law passed suddenly. I can still remember the morning we received that call. We were in shock. Don't get me wrong - by father-in-law was ill but he had been in good health for the past year - no hospital stays or operations - and we had visited them in Pensacola just 5 months before.

But this one event started my amazing husband, Ken, and I down a road that would take us to incredible places and meet incredible people and learn absolutely amazing things. We both had a personal epiphany and we started our journey to become a part of the Catholic Church.

I will be sharing details of our journey as this blog progresses and give you some of the strategies and prayers that have brought us the greatest success over the years. We started out in RCIA and have ended up being in the best ministry around -- the Deaconate (yes, I believe the wife is a huge part of the Deaconate - although we are not officially recognized as such). My husband has been a deacon for nearly 3 years. God put us in the exact place we were needed at the exact moment we were needed. It has been quite a ride.

I hope you will join me as I tell the story of our conversion, our amazing Easter Vigil, and all of the steps along the path that has lead us to our current parish, as "the Deacon" and "the Deacon's wife".

I would also be happy to answer any questions from serious inquirers about our faith generally or the Deaconate specifically. God bless and I will see you next time.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...