Monday, December 9, 2019

Advent Day 9

Chapter 9 of the Gospel of Luke contains many familiar stories about Jesus healing many people. It also tells us of the feeding of the 5,000. Just think about the shear number of bodies in one area. Then consider how much food 5,000 people could consume. Jesus fed them all with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! Plus they had 5 baskets of food left over! 

The part of this chapter of Luke that was not familiar to me was the short paragraph about Herod's confusion. Some people said that the miracles and healings were being done by John. Herod said that he had beheaded John so who was this that he was hearing all the stories about? I don't recalling ever understanding the timing of John the Baptist's death. I knew he and Jesus were close in age and that he began baptizing before Jesus began his preaching and teaching. However, I don't remember knowing when exacting John was killed and I didn't remember that it was a the hand of Herod.

It is a good day when I learn new things but it is a great day when I learn new things and grow in my faith. Advent 2019 has been amazing this far - I have learned much and hopefully have reveiled something to you that you hadn't known before. 

Blessings to you and your this Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...