Tuesday, October 20, 2020

When Darkness Strikes...

When things are going perfectly, life seems to be filled with much light. But when darkness falls in whatever form, the light seems to fade. I happen to be going through a dark phase currently. This was frightful until I realised that it was simply a brief interlude and all that I needed to do was to ask God to get me through it.  Yes, brick walls often have to fall on my head for a realization to actually come to light.

It is quite easy to be a kind, loving Christian Catholic when life is going along smoothly. It is an entirely different matter when the weight of the world seems to be on your shoulders and nothing seems to be going your way. These are the times when we must depend on God to get us through. God is the answer.....to almost any question you might have.

While it may not be an instant fix, God is the long-term solution to the darkness this life can bring. He can bring light to pitch blackness, happiness to dispair, and love back to this loveless and unkind world. I have learned, yet again, that asking for God to take my free will and do with it what He wills is the ultimate cure for my darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. God bless.

Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - February 9, 2023

 February 9, 2023 Wow..this has been a long time coming. I can't believe it has taken me this long to complete our travel adventure to I...